Amy M. Dayries, DMD, FAIHM has practiced general dentistry in Roswell, close to where she grew up, since 1996. Dr. Dayries graduated from the Medical College of Georgia School of Dentistry, and Emory University, where she majored in chemistry for her undergraduate work.
Dr. Dayries is passionate about smile design, health, and nutrition. She prefers to take a natural, holistic, and biologic (integrative) approach to care when possible. Patient health and satisfaction are her ultimate goals. Dr. Dayries has focused her family practice on dental function and aesthetics such as bonding and veneers for years, but has also developed an appreciation that elements and compounds compatible for one patient may aggravate sensitivities or allergies in another. She realizes that appreciating and educating herself about the overall health of her patients is a large part of helping a patient obtain his or her most radiant and aesthetic smile.
Her own personal experiences with lead and mercury toxicity as well as her experiences as a mother and Girl Scout Leader sparked Dr. Dayries’ passion for nutritional counseling and the herbal arts. She often recommends lifestyle choices as part of a regimen to improve oral and systemic health to patients. In recent years, Dr. Dayries has been the only dentist in the Atlanta area to offer several types of functional orthodontic appliances.
Dr. Dayries resides in Johns Creek with her family. Over the years, she has enjoyed teaching Sunday school, being a Girl Scout leader, hiking, and gardening. Dr. Dayries also does healthy lifestyle seminars at local farmers markets and has previously written the “Whole Body Health” news column for a local magazine called Country Club Living.
Dr. Dayries’ Extra Dental Education and Current Professional Affiliations/Activities
- National spokesman and educator for the American Dental Association, the Hinman Dental Society, and the Academy of Integrative Medicine on Integrative Health and Holistic Dental topics
- Author of Solve Your Sleep for Better Health: Get to the Core of Your Snore
- Whole Healing Radio Show with Dr. Amy Dayries, featured with the United Intentions Network: podcasts available on either Facebook page for Amy Dayries-Ling, on www.unitedintentions.org, or YouTube “Amy Dayries”; live broadcasts can be heard on Atlanta’s FM 99.1 on alternating Thursdays evenings at 6 pm.
- Fellow, Academy of Integrative Health and Medicine and faculty advisory board member. First dentist to graduate from this two-year program, in 2018, which involved 10,000 of continuing education on current health topics.
- SMART certified and accredited by the IAOMT. Also board member, member of the scientific committee, and mentor for IAOMT
- Member of the Cranial Academy, which involves passing a live certification exam and practical. The Osteopathic Cranial Academy and its members are committed to honoring the natural forces that give form to all life; seeking truth through lifelong learning; pursuing research, scientific rigor, and intellectual honesty; and providing service with professionalism, respect, and compassion. https://cranialacademy.org
- Ongoing education is currently focused with ALFInterFACE Study Group to further study function of oral airway, breathing, sleep, and to offer comprehensive sleep appliance care and treatment to patients with state of the art technology and support.
- Vivos clinical practice advisor
- Member of the Northern District Dental Society, Georgia Dental Association, American Dental Association, Alpharetta/Norcross Study Club, Hinman Dental Association, Academy of Integrative Health and Medicine (AIHM), International Association of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT), Holistic Dental Association (HDA), American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine, American Association of Cosmetic Dentists, Spear Dental Study Group
- Studied herbal medicine under the guidance of notable author and past director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona, Dr. Tieraona Low Dog, M.D.